Thursday, April 23, 2009

dressing a boy is so much fun

I am convinced that dressing a little boy is more fun than a girl. With little girls cute clothes are EVERYWHERE but finding cute boy clothes takes a little more legwork.

I did a quick mock up on Polyvore this morning of my favorite Look for little E right now.



snips and snails
snips and snails by jettesette featuring True Religion jeans


The shirt is by Appaman- and we are huge fans- the shirts are a great quality and hold up with the frequent laundering a 3 year olds wardrobe requires. I have had a lot of luck buying Appaman for good prices on 6pm.com


The jeans are by True Religion- though I will be the first to admit that I simply can not afford to spend $80 on a pair of jeans that may or may not have a hole in the knee or grass stains within 15 minutes. For E, I prefer to go the Gap route- and for a savings of $50 who can blame me.

I have no experience with the hat pictured here- but it is a style that E really likes. E loves hats but he can be SO picky about which ones he will wear on his head- but thats a topic fo a whole other post.


And the shoes. Ell has had multiple pairs of slip on canvas vans over the years. I am a huge fan of how that look but they just do not hold up to the wear and tear of the summer months. The slip on style gets too small WAY WAY faster than a lace up shoe resulting in wrestling with the shoes each morning trying to mash tiny toes into them. So when I spied a photo of the Jolie-Pitt crew sporting LACE UP canvas vans a few weeks ago I freaked. A quick search of Vans website showed me that they had FINALLY started making the popular shoes in toddler versions and I plan to snatch up a couple for E's summer wardrobe.




i think this color combo is my favorite

No comments: