Thursday, May 21, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
So the big birthday bash was last weekend and I have been meaning to post about how happy I was with the way it all turned out.
- The strict schedule (2 hours total) kept the kids from turning into monsters and kept the party from dragging on too long
- the employees were AWESOME really taking charge of the event and totally running the show.
- i didn't have to do ANYTHING- from writing down who gave what gift to washing E's face after he ate cake- they did it ALL
- which meant i got to take LOTS of pictures and actually enjoy myself
- the inflatables were fun for ALL ages- infants, toddlers, preschoolers, grade schoolers, and grown ups ALL had smiles on their faces.
- the limits on what I could bring kept me from overspending- the only thing I could bring in was the cake. I could've bought pizza from them but i chose not to and nobody knew the difference.
- the employees went the extra mile with all the kids- from band aids and pep talks to a 3 year old with a boo boo, to paying close attention to the quiet kid who was feeling slightly left out. I couldn't have asked for anything more.
- E had the time of his life (and was completely worn out)
I topped the cupcakes with some sprinkles and custom toppers made by Bug & Boo. Shelley did a FANTASTIC job creating exactly what I asked for. I couldn't gush enough about what a great experience it was buying from her- and I think they turned out perfectly. Shelly also created little custom treat bags for me which i filled with bulk candy. ADORABLE.
Friday, May 1, 2009
I have been drooling over fabrics. I like the idea of buying fabric off of etsy because I can buy bundles of color coordinated fabrics in small amounts which would be perfect for what I want to do.
fabricworm on etsy is a really great source
did i mention the fact that my sewing skills are subpar at best? Im still optomistic that I could make something pretty cool looking.
OR i could just save myself the trouble and buy one that is already made (which is way way more likely)
The quilts by etsy's A Stitch in Dye are exactly what the Dr. ordered.